Dovpo USA Drama

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Deucesjack, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Deucesjack

Deucesjack Well-Known Member 1 year member reviewer

Well apparently, the video did so well its now in top of Google searches. Lmfao. Fanboys and trolls are coming outta the wood work. Lol. You gotta see some of the comments. One guy said, after 3 weeks it's your problem. Unbelievable!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. madstabber

madstabber Well-Known Member 1 year member

Well that’s good news, hopefully all the exposure will force them to take some action with their CS department. As for the fanboy’s comments, they are good for a laugh. It’s amazing how irrational some people are and that they are willing to share their “beliefs” in the comment section.

3. Cody green

Cody green New Member

Thanks for the content and turning me on to a new way to get informatin.

4. jwbonds

jwbonds New Member

Hello Jack.

I have liked and commented on your video. I shared it to my Facebook page too. Having been in customer service in the past, I am appalled that he attempted to handle your problem the way he did, but I am glad to see that you finally got a satisfactory resolution. I love your reviews! Keep up the great work!

Jonathan Bonds
    Your Brother from Mississippi

5. CANE

CANE New Member

Hi all!
    After I watched Jack's video I felt I had to come here and share my - not so positive- experience with DOVPO's Topside.
    I bought it from Element Vape and after 3 weeks it started to act really strange: turning off by itself then it wouldn't turn it on by pressing (5x) the fire button, the only way to turn it on was removing the battery and inserting it back. The next day the mod got crazy as shown in the video below

Well, that means only one thing: somehow juice found its way to the board. I can't tell if it was from the 510 pin, or maybe from an internal leak between the 510 pin and the connection with the juice bottle but either way this should not have happened.
    I contacted DOVPO USA and got the same replies as Jack's but I'm not based in the USA and the freight costs to send the product to Orlando and get it back would be much more expensive than the product itself and that is a pity.
    I was really happy and enjoying the Topside and as a "not that cheap" brand new product to fail in just a couple of weeks is unacceptable, it just shows how poor their QC it is.

Raymcconn, pateralus9, Nailz and 4 others like this.
  6. JennF

JennF Active Member

I'm so still not believing how they treated you. Amazes me. I'm so glad that I saw your video before I bought this one!

After seeing the video I'm just not sure if I'll ever take a plunge in to ever owning one of their products. If they treat you bad, then what about people like myself?

I'm glad you have brought this to others attention! Keep it real!

7. madstabber

madstabber Well-Known Member 1 year member

That seriously sucks man, I wanted this mod too but after seeing how they treat their customers fuck that. Duecesjack is giving away a topside that they sent him and if I’m the lucky winner you can have it to replace your broken one if you want and if Dueces can ship to where you are located. That pisses me off that they are screwing people over. Dueces video has been getting a ton of attention so I hoe it forces them to take some action. There is something wrong with these mods. I don’t know if it’s a bad chip or a bad design that makes juice leaks potentially fatal for the mod. Either way it’s the manufacturer’s responsibility to make it right and they clearly have no intention to take responsibility. There is plenty of choices out there so I don’t see any reason to buy one of their products. If they can’t stand behind their products I sure as hell won’t be giving them any of my hard earned money.

8. CANE

CANE New Member

Thanks for the kind words man but please, if you win keep it! When it works the Topside is awesome lol
    It is just my bad luck to get a faulty unit and to live in a country where vape, and all related products, are not allowed. I did some google and got surprised by the number of people with similar problems but of course - until now - the vast majority of Topside owners are just fully enjoying their functional device.
    If this had happened with my Pulse BF 80W I swear I wouldn't be that upset since it is just "another cheap Chinese mass produced mod" but apparently I had my hopes too high on the Topside ... well, lesson learned.

9. pete67

pete67 Well-Known Member 1 year member

I'm from Mississippi too.

10. Deucesjack

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. It was not easy for me to do this video. I'm not a Drama Queen reviewer. I don't take the decision to do a rip video lightly.

Truth be told, rip videos are much harder to do because you have to back up everything you say. The great products are easy to review. I've gotten a ton of hate on this video. Mostly fanboys but man some of the comments just blew my mind. Everything from it was my fault to my NY accent is fake. Lmfao.

If I had any affect on Dovpo actually changing their CS service process so another vaper doesn't go through what I did, then it was worth it.

11. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 1 year member Head of Giveaways

Amen to that Jack, Keeping it real for the good of vaping is how I see it, Thanks for that!!:emoji_handshake::emoji_handshake:

12. Deucesjack

Agreed Whiskey. If I'm not going to talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly, then why bother doing what I do? There are already a ton of reviewers that love everything and blow sunshine up your ass. That's not how we roll at VI.

13. SuperDonkey

SuperDonkey New Member

Hi, new member here. Just wanted to throw my name in the hat for the contest, and comment on the "customer service" you received with Dovpo USA.

I watched both of your videos about it. I don't think you were out of line at all, and well within your rights as a consumer. I've worked in customer service, and there's absolutely no need to speak to anyone like that, customer or not. If you deal with the public, you are the face for your company, and Dovpo is foolish to let this guy answer a phone. Bad reputations travel quickly in the vape world. Personally, I think it's none of their business if you paid for the mod or not. Would they also have refused to service it if the mod had been a birthday gift and you didn't have the receipt? His 'leaky bottle' argument was also clearly an excuse. There's absolutely no way that it could have caused juice to get to the board compartment, especially if the other compartments were dry. (Honestly, I'm far more concerned with that rubbery-looking ring around the 510 plate. Where does that drain to, anyway?) Personally, I think the absolute least they could have done was refund your shipping costs for the trouble you went through.

The /r/electronic_cigarette/ subreddit also has some... interesting... stories with this character that went similarly to yours. Considering his abrupt change in behavior, I'd imagine that he got reamed out from a superior. Would loved to have been a fly on the wall for that meeting.

I was really excited about this mod, and was hoping that Dovpo would be a true innovator in the vape world. Let's hope they see this thread and decide to keep working towards that goal.

pateralus9, pete67, Raymcconn and 4 others like this.
  14. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Well-Known Member 1 year member Weekly Referral Winner

6a00d8341c652b53ef011571cbc1ad970b-800wi.jpg

15. jwbonds

jwbonds New Member

What part?

pete67 and Deucesjack like this.
  16. Deucesjack

Does that JW stand for what I think it stands for? Do you currently sit in the South?

pete67 likes this.
  17. pete67

pete67 Well-Known Member 1 year member

I live in Potts Camp. About 22 miles NW of New Albany.

Raymcconn likes this.
  18. jwbonds

jwbonds New Member

Unfortunately not. Those are my first and middle initials. I'm an over-the-road truck driver so I have been unable to attend a meeting for several years. I did serve as my lodge's secretary for a time.

Deucesjack likes this.
  19. jwbonds

jwbonds New Member

That's not far from me. I'm from Corinth.

Deucesjack likes this.