How often to change coils?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whiskey, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 1 year member Head of Giveaways

How often do you change out your coils, just curious....I go months on my builds.
    Is that good or bad?

rocketyos and Vapin4Joy like this.
  2. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Well-Known Member 1 year member

I've gone month's on coils, depends on how many watts you put through them, I look to see if the coil is starting to sag or if the wire itself has gotten dark, oxidation.

Whiskey likes this.
  3. Nailz

Nailz Well-Known Member 1 year member

Months and months, only change if really looking off color, or not heating up properly.

I stay with the same build on all my atties, so I'm not one to change coils unless need too.

rocketyos and Whiskey like this.
  4. Whiskey

That's good to hear, now I have an idea of what others do!!!:emoji_relaxed::emoji_ok_hand::emoji_ok_hand:
    Ok cool, I have had one in use it's been several months!!!:emoji_grinning::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Nailz and Vapin4Joy like this.
  5. rocketyos

rocketyos Well-Known Member 1 year member

Nice question. I was wondering about this too. Is there a rule of thumb? Because I have no consistent practice. Sometimes, I change coils when they start tasting funky. Other times, I don't like the look of them. And other times, I forget or I'm not in the mood to tend to my vape gear. :p

Whiskey likes this.
  6. Whiskey

Same here, kinda why I started a thread, But looks like they are good for several months from what others are saying, I have 4 months on my 2 RDA's and still going strong with no aftertaste at all, I do a quick dry burn from time to time to clear out any gunk.

rocketyos likes this.
  7. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

I try to change my cotton once a week.Once things start looking funky I like to freshen them up and running 20 or so atomizers at onetime makes this a big job- I’ll do it on a Sunday morning so I’m starting out the week with all fresh,clean cotton and scorched coils.

Some juices(Super sweet)May require it every few days in my experience.If you’ve ever used” Crack pie” you’ll know what I’m saying...that stuff is brutal on coils and cotton

rocketyos and Whiskey like this.