Most Durable Firing Button

Discussion in 'Ask the Experts' started by Polar Girl, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Been awhile since I posted here. Hope everyone is doing well.

As for me, I have had nothing but problems with button failure on pens and mods. Now that my Kroma-A mod had a button failure, that makes two mods and a pen dying due to button failure in less than a year with another mod on the way to failure (Sigelei MT) due to only one light working that I am currently using as an emergency backup. I can't just buy another Kroma-A mod only without buying a kit with either another Zenith tank or an unwanted Crios tank on a USA website.

The Aegis Legend appears to be the mod of choice for people seeking overall durability but I am concerned solely with the firing button's durability for heavy mtl use.

Any recommendations based solely on firing button durability? I'd prefer either internal battery or dual 18650 battery since I don't wish to either divorce one of my 30Q pairs or buy two new ones but will if you believe the recomendation is worth it or other battery sizes for that matter.

2. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 1 year member Head of Giveaways

Hi PG, glad to see you back here, first thing I think of with working knowledge of these mods would be @Deucesjack & @Anthony_Vapes
    Maybe they can give you the low down on the mod buttons and durability of the ones you mention, good luck!!

3. Deucesjack

Deucesjack Well-Known Member 1 year member reviewer

I'm a little late here, Sorry. Honestly, I can't recall having a button failure but TBH I probably don't use stuff long enough for that to happen. Just by the sheer volume of stuff I get, it's just not possible for me to use most mods for more than 5 or 6 weeks. However, there is one mod I never put on the shelf. That would be the Squid Industries Double Barrel. I just love it. I have heard of the button falling off but never failing. if it does fall off, a little super glue and you are good to go. Hope this helped. I highly recommend both versions but I like the V3 the best.

4. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Thank you for responding.

No button has ever fallen off even on the pen you gave me. What happens is the buttons on everything I use seem to break inside and become unclickable hence unresponsive. Maybe I'm pressing too hard but still...it should be able to take the tighest pushes from the strongest thumbs of people with that nervous habit. Maybe something with a long button where the force can be applied at the edges, away from the engagement mechanism in the center might help until I can a mod with a rugged button.

The DNA and Yihi mods seem to have higher quality buttons on the outside but I wouldn't know if what engages the button underneath is also of higher quality. The button on the Geekvape Ageis Legend doesn't seem any more rugged than any other mod's button. Maybe underneath is different on it but maybe not.

It is what is directly underneath that engages the button that seems to be the problem -- it breaks under pressure! I don't know how many mods you've seen with the button off but anyy comparative information on what is directly underneath would be very helpful.

5. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

Polar girl-Hello
    I’m seeing your inquiry and don’t know much about the inner construction of all of these Chinese mods that we all use regularly.

What I can offer is what I’ve owned for years that has STAYED working with daily use.when I say daily use I don’t mean that’s all I’ve use exclusively just that it’s been in the rotation with 10-15 other mods.

That would be my Eleaf Pico—— it’s the first box type mod I ever purchased and it’s STILL working today.I now own over 80 various vaping devices so it’s obviously not being used to death but it’s still working right now...Not sure this helped you but it’s all I can offer

Polar Girl likes this.
  6. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

I read lots of praise for the Pico.

I guess it is something to pick up in a desperate pinch for an emergency cheap mod. I don't know how much Arctic Fox will help improve electricity regulation but anything is better than nothing and it is free.

Pico with Arctic Fox seems like the poor man's Smoant Battlestar which in itself seems like the "middle class man's" DNA/Yihi mod.

The Battlestar's "middle class man's" mod status can be quite questionable these days especially since Efun has a mini on sale for $16.99
    https://www.efun.top/smoant-battlestar-mini-80w-tc-box-mod.html

It seems like the Pico has a better button than the Battlestar. The button seems to be made of metal on the Pico and plastic on the Battlestar. That doesn't mean the inside is also better but the chances are better.

7. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

Best of luck in your search for the ultimate fire birthday fire button.Perhaps having a half dozen or so mods available at once will greatly reduce the wear on any ONE mod-thus preserving the life-span of all these fire buttons collectively?

8. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Looks like I'll need some luck.

I'd rather buy quality than quantity since I am not a collector and can notice the difference even in low watt MTL vaping. I made another thread about that very topic and it is currently as active as this one.
    https://www.vapinginsider.com/forum/threads/dna-yihi-worth-it-for-mtl.8516/

If DNA or Yihi mods have good buttons and strong engagement mechanisms underneath, then I am in luck and get to kill two birds with one stone. Otherwise, I am SOL.

Let's hope having just two mods if both are either DNA or Yihi will work. I tend to prefer DNA but the Yihi line appears to have better buttons. Could be wrong.

9. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

Best of luck to you...I have a IPV Velas mod with a YIHI board in it that can be had very cheap.May be worth looking at if your trying to keep your costs down

10. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Efun has a Hcigar VT167 for $55.99
    https://www.efun.top/hcigar-vt167-tc-box-mod.html

And a Thinkvape Finder 250C for $89.99
    https://www.efun.top/think-vape-finder-250w-tc-box-mod-with-evolve-dna-250-chip.html

They also have a VSticking with a 530J chip $46.89. Like the GTRS VBOY, it isn't a true Yihi chip much like the Celeron line of Pentium chips. I read somewhere that the discount Yihi chips don't do the 16 bit resistance sampling like true Yihi mods do. Still a good deal for that price.

In the meantime, I'll just keep vaping on my Hcigar VT250S and hope I don't break the button.

11. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

Wow there’s plenty to choose from,that’s awesome.✅—Have a mostly cloudy day Polar Girl

12. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

I live in the Metro Portland Oregon Area so everyday is a cloudy day in more ways than one this time of year. :emoji_wink:

Too bad it doesn't rain vape juice here.

13. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

Your windshield would be a real mess...

14. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Maybe not if it is clear vape juice, especially if it is VG. Raining PG vape juice would make a bigger mess on windshields even if it would make better tasting vaping rain. Don't know what is worse on windshields: salt or alkaline from the vape juice rain.

Kprthevapr likes this.