Five-Star Rating System
I am giving the Innokin Podin a high score for looks. I love the look of it, the form factor, I like the build quality. I like all the different colors it comes in. For that, we’re gonna give it a solid four and a half stars.
I have to admit, I’m a little disappointed in the heat the Innokin Podin produces. I don’t see much of a difference from 8-9W. I wish it had a little bit more heat. I wish there was another coil for it. So in the coil performance department, we’re gonna give it a 2.5, just around average.
You’ve read me complaining about it; the Innokin Podin is not really that adjustable. It’s not very sensitive, and doesn’t have a great range. It’s gonna get a below-average score in the airflow department. We’re gonna rate it at 2 stars.
The Innokin Podin is around $30. For $30, it’s a well-built pod/AIO system. That’s a bit of an underperformer in my book. In that category, we’re gonna give it just an average score of 2.5 stars.
We’re gonna take all these stars, we’re gonna add them up, and we’re gonna come up with a total of 11.5 stars. We’re gonna take those 11.5 stars and we’re gonna divide them by four for a total score of 2.875 stars for the Podin, which is slightly above average, which is exactly where this Podin belongs.
Listen, this mini mod pod is not a kit that I would buy in order to have as my all day, every day vape mod. What I would buy this mini mod pod for is as a backup, or something that I want to use when I’m in a situation where I want to be discreet, and that’s where I’ll leave it.
Let’s get into the pros for the Innokin Podin.
- Colors: I love the colors on the Innokin Podin. The colors this thing comes in is fantastic. It’s just a beautiful looking pod/AIO kit.
- Great Build Quality: Great, typical Innokin build quality. The Innokin Podin feels solid.
- Very Pocketable: The Innokin Podin is very, very pocketable. Very small. You can easily put this in a shirt pocket, a front jeans pocket, a back jeans pocket, a jacket pocket, a bag pocket. No matter which pocket you put this thing in, it’s good to go.
- Middle-of-the-Road MTL Draw: The Innokin Podin has a very middle-of-the-road mouth-to-lung draw which I like. So I got to chalk that up in the pro category.
- Good Flavor: The Innokin Podin gives good flavor.
- Feels Like A Constant Output Device: The Innokin Podin feels like a constant output device. In other words, as the battery is draining, I don’t really feel like I’m losing any performance. If that’s the case, that’s a really nice feature because I can tell you, I can vape on this thing almost all day and I don’t feel any lack of performance as the battery drains. It’s a pro.
- Easy-To-See Liquid Level: The liquid level is very easy to see on the Innokin Podin, nice and clear. Pro.
- Good Vape Quality: The overall vape quality on the Innokin Podin is pretty good.
- No Leaks: No leaks on the Innokin Podin. This is as dry as a bone system.
- Push Button/Auto Draw: The Innokin Podin is auto draw or push-the-button draw. I already mentioned this, but I’ll say it again. I basically get all-day battery life off of this thing.
Let’s get into the cons for the Innokin Podin.
- Adjustable Airflow Doesn’t Work That Well: The Innokin Podin does have adjustable airflow, but it really doesn’t work that well. I really don’t notice a difference when I play around with it. I wish they would have made an adjustable airflow with more range and more sensitivity.
- Feels A Bit Underpowered: The Innokin Podin does feel a bit underpowered, in my opinion.
- Takes Too Long To Charge: The Innokin Podin takes way too long to charge for such a little system. From dead to full, it takes 90 minutes. That’s unacceptable.
- Didn’t Get the Juul Adapter: When I first saw the Innokin Podin released, I saw it with a Juul adapter. I didn’t get the Juul adapter. I don’t know if the other ones out there have Juul adapters or not. I don’t know if Innokin just walked away from the Juul adapter. I can’t tell you because I don’t know. I wish I did have the Juul adapter because I would have liked to have tried it.
But that’s it on the cons. Nothing really crazy.
From Top to Bottom
Let’s start off with the pod itself.
I know I saw other reviews where they got a pod adapter, where you had like MyBlue or a Juul pod adapter. I did not get that with mine. All I got is this, so I don’t know if they’re doing the adapter or not anymore.
You see this little plus and minus here? That’s the airflow for the Innokin Podin. That little lever right there controls your airflow. If you want to take the pod apart and replace the coil, give it a little twist. Did you see that? See that little break? See that little twist right there?
Pull it right out. And now, that’s your coil.This is the 0.3ohm coil, good for 8-9W. And by the way, on the Podin mod itself, you can adjust it from 8-9W. Now this is a mouth-to-lung coil, simple round wire coil. If you want to replace it, all you got to do is unscrew it, just like that, from the base.
Put it back in, screw it back in, just like that. This coil is so small. I would not recommend priming it. Just let it sit and soak up the e liquid in the pod for a second. You want to return it back in there. You got to find your lever. See that lever right there? You got to make sure you line up the lever with the plus and minus right there. And just push it in like on a slant, just like that, and then give it a little twist until it locks in.
I wish this was a little clearer. The good news is you can turn the Podin pod upside down and all the juice will run into this part and you’ll be able to see what your juice level is. But I just wish it was a little clearer. For this part, you need your girly nails, got to dig them in there.
Pop that right out, and there’s your fill port right there. And that’s where you’re gonna fill it.
As far as the Innokin Podin pod goes design-wise, a little bit of Podin branding over there, some nice resin over here. This particular mini mod pod, you can push the button to fire it, or you can just draw on it and it’ll vape.
Over here, see this little button right here? That’s your release button for the pod. You hit that to release the pod. Let me show you what I’m talking about. Push that button, it goes smooth in the pod. It ain’t going nowhere, it ain’t moving. It’s in there nice and solid, no jiggle whatsoever. Hit that little button right there, and it slides right out. You want it to slide in smooth, keep the button to press, and let it lock in and it doesn’t move.
This little nub right here, that’s for the lanyard that comes with the Innokin Podin pod kit. The one that I showed you when we unboxed it.
And on the back, you got this full resin piece. Just drop-dead gorgeous. It feels high-quality, feels nice and smooth.
On the bottom here, you can see, you got your micro USB port for charging, 800 mAh internal battery. There’s some Innokin branding right there.
Let’s take the Podin pod out. We’re gonna juice it up in a second. Let me show you how the Innokin Podin works before we turn it on. While the mod is off, if you hold the fire button, see that purple light?
Purple and green, are you seeing that? Green is 8W.
Hold the button again while it’s off, and purple is 9W. That’s the adjustable wattage on it, 8 or 9W. You want to turn it on, three clicks, you see the three LEDs right there?
One, two, three. Each one of them represents about 33% in battery life. So once you get past 2, once you’re at the one light, make sure you start to charge it up because you definitely want to charge this thing up. You don’t want to be walking around with it on one light.
The e liquid we’ll use today on the Podin is Batman’s juice. It’s his mouth-to-lung line. This is the cream cheese flakey pastry e liquid, and it’s really, really good. It’s a free base higher nic juice. For people who don’t like nic salts, this is a freebase nicotine e liquid. So we’re gonna be using this in the Innokin Podin pod today.
Once the pod is nice and filled up, you can see, it’s full of juice. You take it, pop it in there. Once the pod is installed, you can either draw on it in order to get vape out of it, or push the fire button. Either way, it’ll work.
What’s In The Box
Also included in the Innokin Podin kit box, you get a warning and safety booklet, you get a spare coil, and you get this awesome lanyard/charging cable. This is the same one that came with the MVP. Check that out. Love that. Unlike the MVP, this is a micro USB cable, so it’s not type-c charging. But kind of cool how they incorporate the lanyard and the charging cable together. I absolutely love that. Nice, nice job in it.
Let’s go over some of the specs of the Innokin Podin.
- Dimensions: 61 x 44 x 16mm
- Battery: 800mAh
- Wattage: Adjustable, either 8W or 9W
- Juice Capacity: 2ml
- Colors: Green Marble, Black, Red Marble, Black Marble, Blue Marble, White Marble.
- Protections: Overheat, Charge, Short-Circuit, Over Discharge
- Coils: 2 x 1.30hm replaceable Kanthal coils
Don’t forget, Insiders. Head on over to our Facebook group by clicking here. It’s a great family of vapers. We pride ourselves on helping newbies over there. Very, very civil. It’s one of the fastest growing vape groups on Facebook. I promise you’ll have a great time over there. Also, don’t forget to check out our brand new Reddit subforum here. We’d love to see you over there.
And that’s it for the Innokin Podin kit review, Insiders. That’s all I got for you guys today. Don’t forget, now more than ever, you keep living that vape life. We’re out of here. Deuces.
- Great Build Quality
- Very Pocketable
- Middle-of-the-Road MTL Draw
- Good Flavor
- Feels Like A Constant Output Device
- Easy-To-See Liquid Level
- Good Vape Quality
- No Leaks
- Push Button/Auto Draw
- All-Day Battery Life
- Adjustable Airflow Doesn't Work That Well
- Feels A Bit Underpowered
- Takes Too Long To Charge
- Didn't Get the Juul Adapter