Five-Star Rating System
Let’s score the Smok Nord 2 on our five-star rating system.
I’m going to give the Smok Nord 2 a 3.5 because it comes in a bunch of different colors and I like that. Definitely better than average when it comes to color selection. Smok always rolls out the color.
For coil performance, I’m giving the Smok Nord 2 a solid 4.5 stars and let me explain why. Number one, you get two coils in the kit. You get the DL-coil and you get the mouth-to-lung coil. The mouth-to-lung coil is a little too loose for me. I’m also going to give it a pro in the coil performance area because there’s a bunch of different coils available for this device. That’s a huge win. How many times do we buy small devices like this and we can’t find coils for it three to six months later? You’re not going to have to worry about that with this little device.
The other reason I’m going to give the Smok Nord 2 a 4.5 in the coil performance department is because it does have an optional RBA base. I think it should have been included in the kit, but it is out there and you can buy it separately if you want to. All those factors put together make the Smok Nord 2 score high in the coil performance department.
I’m going to give it a 2 for the Smok Nord 2 for this catergory. It definitely underperforms because there is no adjustable airflow. There should be adjustable airflow on something like the Smok Nord 2. It’s below average as far as I’m concerned. It should have been there.
I’m going to score the Smok Nord 2 a 2.5 stars for value, and I’ll explain to you why. I’ve been seeing it for $19-29. I think that’s a fair price. If you get it anywhere in between, you probably did okay. I think it’s a fair price for the performance that you get off of the Smok Nord 2.
Now we’re going to take all these stars, we’re going to add them all up, we’re going to get a total star count of 12.5. We’re going to take that 12.5, we’re going to divide it by 4, we’re going to get an overall score of 3.125 stars for the Nord 2. Just over 3 stars for this review. Just to give you guys an idea, I consider two and a half stars average so I’m putting the Nord 2 a bit above average, which is where I think it belongs. It’s nothing that’s going to knock your socks off but it’s a good solid performer.
Let’s go over the pros for this review of the Smok Nord 2, because its got plenty of pros.
- Small Size & Adjustable Wattage: The Smok Nord 2 has both, and I love it.
- Great Flavor: I vaped the Smok Nord 2 using the 0.4ohm coil at maximum wattage, 25W. It’s got a really nice flavor, and the clouds are there. I’m happy with the cloud production, not bad for 25W, and for such a tiny little device too.
- Good Looking: The Smok Nord 2 is a good looking pod
- Fires Fast: The Smok Nord 2 fires fast.
- Nice Capacity: The Smok Nord 2 has a nice juice capacity
- Does Very Well With Nic Salt Juices: The Smok Nord 2 can handle vaping your favorite nic salts.
- Screen Brightness: I like the Smok Nord 2’s brightness of the screen. You can see it in most lighting conditions.
- Very Pocketable: You can put the Smok Nord 2 in a shirt pocket, inside jacket pocket, front jeans pocket, back jeans pocket. You can throw it in a bag. Either way, you’re just good to go.
- Nice Battery Life: The Smok Nord 2 has a real nice battery life.
- Power-to-Size Ratio: I like the The fact that the Smok Nord 2, little thing that it is, does 40W. That is a big win in my book.
Let’s go over the cons for this review of the Smok Nord 2.
- No RBA Base: That’s a con for the Smok Nord 2, especially with the new pods coming out today. I got to point it out.
- Tiny Font on Screen: The font on the screen is tiny for the Nord 2. I believe that Smok did the best they could do with that font, but sometimes it can be tough to see. I give them credit for making it as big as they could possibly make it. Maybe the only other way they could have gone is by putting the screen on the big side of the mod. That probably would have been preferable to the geriatric people out there. To people like me who can’t see like they use to.
- Not Stabwood: They’re calling it stab wood. It’s not stab wood. Let’s get real. Nobody’s going to give you a stab wood, anything at this price point. I just wish Smok would label things correctly. Call it a stab would look, but don’t call it stab wood when there’s not a speck of stab wood on the Nord 2.
- No Adjustable Airflow on the Smok Nord 2
- MTL Coil a Little Too Loose: In my opinion, the mouth-to-lung coil on the Smok Nord 2 is a little too loose for my liking.
- You Have To Pull the Pod Out To See the Juice Level: I hate that. Why do I have to pull out the pod on the Smok Nord 2 if I want to see my juice level? Put a cut out in there, do something so I can see my juice level as I’m using it, while I’m vaping. I don’t want to have to pull the pot out to check it. It’s a con.
But that’s it on the cons. A lot of nitpicky stuff. Yeah, I know. It’s kind of what I do for a review.
What’s up, Insiders! DeucesJack at Vaping Insider. Today, we’re going to review the Smok Nord 2. Smok’s original Nord was a pretty popular device.
The big question is: How does the Nord 2 stack up against the original Nord?
What’s In The Box
Let’s see what we have for the Smok Nord 2 pod kit. Flat micro USB cable for charging, there is your faux stabwood Nord 2. They’re calling it stab wood, they should call it stabwood look. This is not really stabwood.
And here are your two pods that we’re going to go over in more detail right now.
So this is your regular Smok Nord 2 pod. You can see, it’s marked Nord on the bottom here. Plug and play style coils. You could see regular Nord style coils, nothing we haven’t seen before.
This is the 0.8ohm Nord coil. This is more of a mouth-to-lung coil made more for your higher nicotine free base juices, or even your salt nic juices.
Now remember, this coil goes in this pod. There are two different pods that take two different coils for the Smok Nord 2 kit. In order to install it, make sure you line the flat sides in the coil up with the flat sides on the pod, and just give it a push.
I don’t know if it’s visible, but on the fill port tab there, it says Nord, identifying that this is the pod that takes the Nord coils.
The Smok Nord 2 has a very comfortable drip tip, kind of has like a nice curve to it. Very, very comfortable to use. There’s your draw hole right there. The Nord tank itself, or pod, whatever you want to call it, holds 4.5ml of juice.
The real reason you’d want to buy this kit, though, is because you also get an RPM coil.
Let me explain to you. You can see this one says right here, RPM coil. Again, another plug and play style coil. Just get in there, pop it out.
You might remember this coil from some of our other reviews. The RPM80 takes it and the Fetch Pro takes it. This is the 0.4 ohm Nord coil, good for up to 25W. It’s a decent coil. As far as this Smok Nord 2 kit goes, this is my favorite out of the two.
Here’s a quick comparison for this Smok Nord 2 review, you can see the RPM mesh coil is definitely bigger and a little fatter as well.
Also wanted to show you the difference between the pods. You can see that the RPM coil right here has a much wider hole there for you to slide the coil into. The Nord coil has a much narrower bore so that’s why you can’t interchange these pods. They both hold the same amount of liquid, 4.5ml.
From Top to Bottom
Let’s go over the Nord 2’s insides. What we have here, you got two gold plated pins right here. Those two gold plated pins are going to make contact with the gold plating on the coil right here. And when you snap it in, it’s got a nice snap to it. Definitely has a nice snap to it.
One thing I do wish, I wish they would have done a deeper cut on the Nord 2’s body here, or maybe put a cut on the front so I could actually see my juice level.
What’s the use of making the pod clear if I can’t check my juice level? It just doesn’t make any sense, Smok. But they did do a nice job with the fit and the pod does go into the Nord 2’s main body either way. It doesn’t matter. It snaps down really nice.
Take a look around the Nord 2 mod. Remember, the Smok Nord 2 is not draw-activated. This is your fire button right there.
It is a one-button mod.
There’s your screen right there.
You can tell, it goes up to 40W. Here is your wattage, your resistance, your battery life, your voltage, and your puff counter right there. Very simple menu system. In order to change the wattage, all you have to do is click it three times, like that. See the wattage blinking? Now I can scroll up. I can only scroll in one direction up to 40W. It does round-robin. Very, very simple. Very, very easy menu system. We’re going to pull it up to 25W, where this coil is best. That’s the whole screen, that’s the whole menu system.
I wanted to give you a quick size comparison. I thought a really good comparison would be between the Voopoo Navi and the Smok Nord 2.
They’re both 40W pods/AIO systems. You can see, different types of form factors, but the Nord 2 is not that much smaller than the Navi. The Navi is kind of like a cross between the Smok Nord 2 and a Smok Fetch Pro. Just about as thick as each other. I just wanted to give you a size comparison. Show you both of them put together. This is the one I just unboxed, this is the one I’ve been using.
Not a bad little piece of kit.
How To Pronounce Smok
And by the way, I stopped saying it in my Smok videos, but before somebody mentions it in the comments, the name of the company is Smok, not Smock. It’s called SmokTech and the reason I know this is because I’ve spoken to upper management at the company. I’ve asked multiple employees there how they pronounce the name. They pronounce the name with a long O. So for all you people that are going to put your clever comments that it’s Smock, it’s not Smock, it’s Smok. What’s a smock anyway? What are you supposed to do with a smock tech company? It’s a silly argument. I’m sick of seeing it in the comments. So I just wanted to add that in.
Let’s go over some of the specs on the Smoke Nord 2.
- Dimensions: 95 x 30.5 x 20mm
- Weight: 79g
- Battery: 1500 mAh
- Charging: 1.2 amps
- Juice Capacity: 4.5ml
- Screen Display: 0.69 inch display
- Colors: Red, Black, Rainbow, Gold, White, Red Resin, Black Stab Wood, Red Stab Wood
- 40W maximum output
- Fires down to 0.3ohms
- Takes Nord coils & RPM coils
- 0.4ohm mesh RPM coil, good for 25W + 0.8ohm Nord mouth-to-lung coil, good for 16W (included in kit)
Be sure to click the link here to join our Facebook group for more exclusive behind the scenes content.
And that’s it for the Smok Nord 2 review, Insiders. That’s all I got for you today. You keep living that vape life. We’re out of here. Deuces.
- Small Size & Adjustable Wattage
- Great Flavor
- Fires Fast
- Nice Capacity
- Does Very Well With Nic Salt Juices
- Screen Brightness
- Very Pocketable
- Nice Battery Life
- Power-to-Size Ratio
- No RBA Base
- Tiny Font on Screen
- Not Stabwood
- No Adjustable Airflow
- MTL Coil a Little Too Loose
- You Have To Pull the Pod Out To See the Juice Level