Five-Star Rating System
I got to say, I like the low profile of the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA. I like the stubbornness of it. What I don’t like is that gaudy branding on it. That is going to lose it a lot of points. I don’t know why people insist on putting gaudy branding all over an RDA. It’s something that a lot of vapors have said they don’t like, yet people insist on doing it. It’s going to lose points there. I’m going to give it an average score of 2.5 stars.
BUILDING & WICKING
The Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA is super easy to build and wick. You saw me do it, just do it the way I did it. It’s really, really easy. If you’ve never been into rebuildable decks before, this might be a great place to start. I’m going to give it a solid 4 stars for its ease of use, as far as building and wicking.
I’m giving the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA a solid 3. They missed the boat with that top airflow. That top airflow makes it way too airy. It’s got great performance, a nice warmth with the top airflow shut, but it should have been more well thought out. Why did you go to market with that top airflow there? You could have totally eliminated that and it would have been a great RDA. I don’t understand why they didn’t angle that airflow down. It’s a definite con and it’s going to hurt them in this department.
I’m going to score the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA at 3, again. A little bit above average. I’ve been seeing this thing for around 30 bucks. The price really hasn’t moved that much. It’s a good value for you mesh people out there that enjoy mesh at $30. We’ll score it a 3.
We’re going to add all these up and we’re going to come up with a total star score of 12.5 stars. We’re going to take those 12.5 stars, we’re going to divide them by 4, and we’re going to get an average of 3.125 stars. And that’s exactly where this thing belongs. It’s a bit above average.
Honestly, like I said before, if you’re really into mesh, I think right now, the best mesh RDA that I’ve tried so far is the Vandy Vape Mesh V2. I think Vandy Vape kind of took the ball from Wotofo and ripped it away from them. It just slightly outperforms this RDA in most categories.
Let’s get into the Pros for the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA
- Smooth Airflow: That airflow is smooth, baby. Listen to it. It just sounds smooth. Really nice job on the smoothness of the airflow for the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA. Even if I close it down, the top row, what you just heard was both rows open, listen to it with just a bottom row. It’s smooth. Really, really nice job on that.
- Decent Build Quality: The build quality for the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA is okay, it has decent build quality. I wish the top cap didn’t get so hot. I wish they would have done something to displace some of that heat, but the build quality is okay. It’s super easy to build and wick.
- Easy to Build & Wick: The Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA is easy to build and wick.
- Works Great as a Squonker: The Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA works great as a squonker.
- Good Flavor: The Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA has good flavor, but only with the airflow halfway shut. That’s how you get maximum flavor off this thing. Just a nice flavorful vape with the airflow halfway shut.
- Fantastic Clouds: The clouds on the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA are fantastic as well. I ran it at 85W, and there’s nothing wrong with the amount of clouds it produced with the airflow halfway shut. I’m getting a little bit more heat than I got off of the original profile. It’s not crazy, better heat, but it’s definitely a little warmer. Definitely an improvement.
- 810 Drip Tip: The Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA has a 810 drip tip, I like that. That’s a pro.
- Conical Design: I like the conical design inside the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA, pro.
- O-rings On Point: The o-rings on the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA are on point. They’re nice and solid, pro.
- Locking Barrel System: Love that locking barrel system on the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA, and I like the fact that it lines up the airflow perfectly with your mesh strip. That’s well thought out. It’s a definite pro.
At the end of the day, when I compare the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA to the Vandy Vape Mesh V2, which one do I like better? They’re really, really close, but I think the Vandy Vape V2 edges it out a bit. I just like the build quality better on the V2. I think it’s got a slightly better flavor as well.
Let’s get into the Cons for the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA
- A Cool Vape: Even though you get more heat on the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA, which I’ll get into later, it’s still overall a cool vape. And that’s something that’s inherent to mesh. But I do have to point it out.
- Too Much Airflow: When the airflow on the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA is wide open, it’s got way, way too much airflow. You airflow hogs probably going to love this thing, but it’s like breathing through the RDA. Way too much airflow wide open, in my opinion.
- Drip Tip: The low profile drip tip on the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA is low profile and short. I hate these kinds of low profile drip tip. Especially on this thing if you vape it at a higher wattage, that top cap is thin. It gets real hot and you can get some bacon lips.
- Airflow Holes on the Top Line: Another con that has to do with running the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA wide open, is that whole top line right there. It’s not slotted down. It’s missing the whole mesh. I don’t know why they did that. Why didn’t they just make the bottom holes bigger so they were at least angled with the mesh? That whole top airflow row misses the mesh, and it definitely mutes the flavor because all you’re doing is mixing in air with your vape. It’s definitely a design flaw. My recommendation is if you’re going to run the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA for maximum flavor, run it with the top row shut.
- Very Thin Top Cap: I already touched on it a bit, this top cap is very thin. It gets very hot, especially when you’re above 75W on this RDA. If you chain vape this thing at 75W or above, this thing gets hot.
That’s it on the cons. Definitely things that could have been improved that were overlooked, that I’m a little disappointed in.
What’s up, Insiders? DeucesJack at Vaping Insider. Today, we got a mesh RDA for you. I’m talking about the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA.
From Top to Bottom
This one is by Wotofo and Mr. JustRight1. Let’s check this thing out. You can see I got my bling bling gold one on deck there. There you go. That’s the gold Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA. Let’s put this thing on an stand. Let’s take a look at it and break it down for you.
Here is your drip tip right here. Goon style 810 drip tip with the o-ring on the inside. I like that. We’re going to take that off. Check out the airflow holes. You got two, four, six, eight, ten. You got ten airflow holes right there, top and bottom. Nice job on that. A little bit of branding right here, says Profile. I don’t know. I could do without it.
Take the top cap off and you’re going to see a very familiar deck that we’ll go over in a second. Want to show you that this is a two-piece barrel section and you can see, there’s your air flow cutouts right there. Nice conical design. I’m kind of digging that. I do like that.
You can see, there are notches in it, that’s going to keep the barrel in place and not let your airflow get out of joint. O-ring tolerance is pretty good so far. You can see, you can close down the airflow, just the top part, then to the bottom, and then you can close it down two at a time, just like that. Kind of nice. And now it’s wide open. Very, very nice airflow design.
On the deck of the Wotofo Profile 1 5, nothing we really haven’t seen before. One thing I think is different on this one is the spring part right here has some ridges. I don’t remember that in the old one. I could be wrong, though. So that’s kind of neat, I do like that. You do have phillips head screws, in order to open and close the clamps that hold down your mesh. That’s kind of neat. Looks like they went with a little bit deeper juice well than on the original. I like that as well. But basically, very, very close to the original. I think the only thing that really is significant as far as changes go is the airflow we just went over.
On the bottom of the Wotofo Profile 1 5 atomizer, you can see, it says Wotofo, Mr. JustRight1. Gold-plated squonk pin, already installed. You have your negative post phillips head screw here, insulator ring around the squonk pin, stainless steel threading over there.
What’s In The Box
Also included in the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA box, you’re going to get a user manual, a phillips head screwdriver, an allen key, a coil bending tool. You’re going to get some cotton specifically for these coils that this RDA takes. You’re going to get a drip tip, some spare screws, and some spare o-rings.
Another thing you’re going to get is you’re going to get three different types of mesh strips. First one you’re going to get is the nexMESH TURBO, 0.13ohm, and you can see, it’s good for 60-80W. Then you’re going to get the nexMESH CHILL, also Kanthal just like the other one, 0.15ohm, good for 60-80W. And then you’re going to get the nexMESH EXTREME, A1 Kanthal, 0.16ohm, good for 60-80W. We’re going to start off with the 0.16ohm. I’m going to show you how to build this using that.
To assemble this for the Wotofo Profile 1 5 RDA, you’re going to need the strip you’re going to use and you’re going to need that coil bending tool. So let’s take that all out.
Now the first thing you want to do with this coil bending tool, you want to take your little mesh strip and you just want to bend it right over that tool, just like so.
Give it some sort of shape. So it’s going to look something like that.
Now you want to take your deck, you want to loosen those clamps.
The clamps don’t back out, they’re not spring-loaded. I wish they would have added that. Vandy Vape put it in their Mesh V2. I think it should have been in this atomizer as well. But you just want to loosen your clamps and open them up just like that.
Now you want to take your metal strip, your mesh strip, and you want to guide it in between those clamps, just like so.
Once it’s in place, keep your finger on it, like that, just lightly. Put a little light pressure on your finger and tighten down that one side. Then when you’re done with one side, tighten down the other side, and that’s what your build looks like.
Something like that.
Now, you want to turn on you Coil Master, see what it’s ohming out at. 0.12, that’s a little low. We’re just going to give it a quick pulse, just to get all the oils that may have been on our finger off of it. Just give it a quick pulse, just to make sure it’s all cleaned up and everything. Still ohming out at 0.12, but that could be the Coil Master because it’s not exactly the most accurate. Now we’re going to take our Wotofo cotton bag, we’re going to rip that open. I’m going to make sure our Coil Master is off because we want to be safe.
Wicking and Juicing
And now, we’re going to take this aglet that’s cut specifically for this RDA, and we’re just going to feed it through.
And you want to kind of push down while you’re feeding it through, so you give yourself some room. See what I’m saying? To get that in there, just like so. Just like that. See how it’s nice and tight? That’s how you want it.
I know there are a lot of different wicking techniques when it comes to these mesh RDAs. I like to do it like this.
I like to take a cut across like that, right across the top. I like to do the same thing on the other side, just go right across the top, like that.
Kind of make these into a point, almost where they look like a bow tie,
and then I cut them like that. Just like that. Maybe even them out a little bit more, maybe even a little more, and there you go.
That’s how I like to cut my cotton on mesh.
Now, what you do, you just take it, and you just tuck it in, just like that. Let it hit the bottom of that well.
See how beautiful? Same thing on the other side. Just take your cotton, and tuck it down there, just like so. And that’s how your deck should look. Exactly like that. Now all you got to do is drip on some juice or put it onto a squonker, and you’re ready to vape.
Let’s get into some of the specs on the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA.
- Dimensions: 24mm in diameter, 33.1mm high
- Drip Tip: 810
- Mesh Strip: 3 mesh strips included in kit (1 x nexMESH chill, ohms out at 0.15, 1 x nexMESH turbo, ohms out at 0.13, 1 x nextMESH extreme, ohms out at 0.16)
- Colors: Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Gold, Blue, Black
Don’t forget, Insiders. Click the link here to head on over to our Facebook group. Great bunch of people over there, knowledgeable vapers, very, very civil, always looking to help out newbies over there, very user friendly. It’s one of the fastest growing Facebook groups in vaping. Also, we just started a brand new Reddit sub-forum, head on over there and join up and help us get things started.
So that’s it for the Wotofo Profile 1.5 RDA review, Insiders. That’s all I got for you guys today. You keep living that vape life. We’re out. Deuces.
- Smooth Airflow
- Decent Build Quality
- Easy to Build & Wick
- Works Great as a Squonker
- Good Flavor
- Fantastic Clouds
- 810 Drip Tip
- Conical Design
- O-rings On Point
- Locking Barrel System
- A Cool Vape
- Too Much Airflow
- Drip Tip
- Airflow Holes on the Top Line
- Very Thin Top Cap